Chocolate Swiss Roll is my favorite recipe and i was willing to make this swill roll recipe for long. More Chocolate Recipes: https://goo.gl/oewukU
Vanilla cake recipe in pressure cooker: https://goo.gl/j1ldG6
Eggless cake using oven: https://goo.gl/ncLXnh
Chocolate Suji Cake: https://goo.gl/6wXu7N
To make dough:
30-35 pieces of marie gold biscuits
½ cup milk or as required
2 tbsp butter
For coconut mixture:
100 grams Dessicated Coconut
2 tbsp Condense milk
¾ tsp cardamom powder
How to make Chocolate swiss roll:
1. Break the biscuits, put it in a jar and grind it into smooth powder. Make sure they are well powdered
2. Transfer biscuit powder in a mixing bowl and add cocoa powder, coffee powder, powdered sugar and butter, mix it well. Gradually add milk and knead it until the dough becomes soft and smooth. Do not pour the milk at once otherwise it mixture will become watery. Dough should neither be very soft nor hard, it should be soft enough to roll it easily. Keep the dough aside.
3. Put dessicated coconut in another bowl and add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mix it well.
4. To this add condense milk to make a sticky mixture. Add more condense milk if desired because if the coconut mix is dry you won’t get the perfect shape of rolls. Coconut mixture is ready.
5. Take butter paper and grease it with butter so that roll will come out easily.
6. Now divide the dough into two equal parts, take one portion of the chocolate dough, keep it on the butter paper and roll it with the help of rolling pin in a big rectangular shape just like we roll chapatti.
7. Put coconut mixture on top of the rolled chapatti and spread it evenly and slightly press it with your hands so that it gets set properly.
8. Now carefully roll with the help of butter paper to form a cylinder.
9. Do the same for the remaining dough and coconut mixture.
10. Keep these swiss rolls in the freezer for 2 hrs so that it will get set properly.
11. After 2 hrs take out the roll from the freezer and cut them into round shape.
12. Chocolate swiss roll is ready. Serve chilled
1. You can add chocolate syrup instead of cocoa powder.
2. Store prepared chocolate swiss rolls in an airtight container
3. You can use any tea biscuits of your choice to make swiss roll.
4. You can use butter to make the coconut mixture sticky instead of condense milk.
5. You can refrigerate the swiss roll in fridge also for 4 hrs instead of 2 hrs to set.